In my previous post, I wrote about my decision to start a Wedding Planning series. This is the second post in the series where I’ll share my experiences with MyGlamm and detail out the services that I have availed before the engagement that will help me look my best!
About My Glamm
MyGlamm takes the concept of ‘at-home beauty services‘ to the next level. They have professionally trained artists who take care of everything right from basic grooming needs like waxing, threading, manis and pedis to more elaborate requirements like bridal makeovers, mehendi, spas.
The services can be booked either through the MyGlamm mobile app or by calling at their call center number. The app is very easy to navigate is user friendly. If you are looking at fixing your appointment for over the weekend, I’d suggest you pre-book at least two-five days advance. Their bookings get full pretty fast. Below is the snapshot of how appointments can be booked through the app.
Step 1: Select the Services
Step 2: Select the necessary options under each service
Step 3: Select a convenient date and time for your services
Step 4: Select your preferred artist
The Services I opted for
From the wide range of services that MyGlamm offers, I picked the following services. I decided to go for only the essentials. I didn’t want to experiment anything that may not suit my skin.
- Forest Essentials Advanced Facial – My had my last facial done in December and before the engagement, I did want to do a facial that’s doesn’t mess up with my skin. The artist – Neelam Panchal has a very warm personality and she elaborated the benefits of the brand. After a soothing facial and back massage, my skin was glowing and it was supple and soft for the entire day.
- Moroccon Oil Hair Spa – My hair has turned very dry and rough and the scalp very flaky, thanks to the winters. Before the engagement, to prep my hair, I opted for a Moroccon Oil Hair Spa. This hair spa, unlike the regular hair spa had a much better effect on my hair. I didn’t wash my hair for two days, yet my hair continued to be shiny and healthy. I had a good time chatting about hair care with the artist Keerti
- Spa Manicure and Pedicure – With this spa manicure & pedicure they also use a whitening cream after all the regular procedures. Though it’s different from detanning, it had a similar effect on my skin. I am not a promoter of whitening creams and I didn’t know this service included a whitening cream before I opted for the service. Deepali was quick with the services. She seemed quite adept with all the services.
- HD Brows – HD Brows is a treatment where in the eyebrows are tweaked to give the a more defined look! HD Brows experience features tinting, waxing and threading. The stylists also use a specially designed formula to work their way to define brows that suit the face perfectly. Rinky guided me through the process and was patient with the numerous questions that I had! She even helped Deepali with the manicure.
- Mehendi – Any Indian function is incomplete without the mehendi. I opted for the classic Indian mehendi. Detailed pictures coming up in the next post. So stay tuned!
I like the immediate results of the HD brows- it fills all the gaps and makes the brows look more defined and full. The procedure is quite simple- first the artist threads your eye-brows and waxes the stray hair around the eye brows to clean it up. Then, after analyzing your hair and eye-brow colour the artist corrects the colour- if necessary with a more natural colour that suits your hair colour. Gaps around the eyebrows are then filled up.
My eye brows are not scanty or too thick- it’s just about the right shape and size. The service can come in handy for people who have very scanty brows and struggle with filling it everyday.
Spa Manicure & Pedicure
The manicure and pedicure procedures lasted for close to two hours and apart from the basic cleansing and scrubbing; massaging and skin whitening is included in these services. A relaxing service that cleans all the dead skins and makes the skin soft and supple.
Here’s a sneak peek of the mehendi design. Full mehendi details and more information about my engagement preparations will be shared in the next post! So stay tuned!